Friday, March 5, 2010

Oi todo mundo!

Oi todo mundo! (which means whole world, but it´s a Brazilian expression to say everyone)

Ok, so today was the first time I had Brazilian Rodizio. It was amazing!!!!! All you can eat awesome food and they walk around with slabs of meat and cut it fresh onto your plate. I also tried chicken heart... it was interesting. Good flavor, interesting texture. But, the idea is the main thing to get over. Anyway, I always plan on writing letters on preparation day, but I never have time because there are a lot of things to do. I would try to write on other days, but number 1 we´re only allowed to write on p-day, and number 2 there just isn´t any time to write letters. I think once I get into the field I´ll have more time on P-day to write letters. We went to the temple in São Paulo this morning, it was great. It always is, going to the house of The Lord brings me so much peace. Along with the Book of Mormon, I´ve really been enjoying reading the New Testament and the Old Testament. It´s amazing, I never really read much of anything before, and there are so many awesome things in the scriptures. This week we´ve been studying some of the commandments and the blessings that we get from following them. Also, we´ve been studying ´The Word of Wisdom´ which is modern revelation from God to the prophet Joseph Smith. What that is, is a guide to how to be healthy essentially. Healthy physically, mentally, and spiritually. Speaking of modern day prophets, I´m really grateful to have a prophet today, Thomas S. Monson. How amazing it is that we have a prophet to help us know what our Heavenly Father wants us to do, just as the prophets of old in the Bible and the Book of Mormon. Anyway, I´ve got two more weeks until I head to Teresina. I´m excited. OH! I almost forgot, we´re going proselyting in down town São Paulo this Friday. It´s going to be awesome. Sim, so anyway, I love you all.

Sinceramente,
Elder Samuel H. Chiba

No comments:

Post a Comment