Monday, February 14, 2011

O Dia Dos Namorados (or Valentines Day)

Feliz dia dos namorados!!! (actually, the literal translation is day of the person you are dating aka girlfriend/boyfriend) Or you can say Happy Valentine's Day. The only thing is that Valentine's day here, I believe, is in May? I don´t remember exactly, it´s during some other random part of the year. I think it happened during my time in Teresina.

So! As far as news goes, I have a new companion and his name is Elder Gonçalves. Just so you know, he´s taller than I am. People here comment on my height quite a bit already, and now we are two giants walking the streets and preaching the gospel. He is from Bahia, but not really, actually he was born and raised in São Paulo, and has lived in Bahia these last 5-6 years. I´m really happy to have him as a companion also, and in this great area to boot!

Unfortunately, last week, I was sick and I think I lost more weight.... don´t worry I´m not dying and just so you know, I´ll be taking the anti-worm pills on Thursday. So all will be well.

These are some scriptures, that I think are really important for me currently. They are in the book of Alma chapter 29 verses 1-2.

1. O that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the atrump of God, with a voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people!

2. Yea, I would declare unto every soul, as with the voice of thunder, repentance and the plan of redemption, that they should repent and acome unto our God, that there might not be more sorrow upon all the face of the earth.


So, I want you to think about why the prophet Alma had such a desire. If you think about it, you´ll realize that he truly knew the importance of The Gospel. His desire was to share the gospel with everyone because he knew how important it is. Only through the Gospel of Jesus Christ we can truly be saved. I hope we can all truly have this desire to share the gospel with others. I hope that we can all truly understand the gospel and see why we need it, see why our loving Father in Heaven gave it to us. I hope we can truly understand why our Heavenly Father sent His only Begotten Son to atone for our sins and die so that we might live. If we can understand better these things, we too will have such a desire to share the gospel.


I know this gospel is true and it is the only way for us to return to live with our Father in Heaven. I testify to you that The Book of Mormon is true and reading it will lead to a greater love for our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. The Savior lives, and He will come again. If we are doing our best to live the gospel we will be prepare for when He comes.


I love you my friends and family.



-Elder Samuel Chiba

No comments:

Post a Comment