Monday, March 28, 2011

Parnaiba 1

Well folks at home, last monday was fun. Monday night Sister Lúcia, Sister Nascimento, and I all received a fone call that we would all be transfered. So, Tuesday morning I grabbed my luggage and went on a long bus ride to Parnaiba in the state of Piaui. Currently I´m serving in the Parnaiba 1st branch, and you´d be surprised at the amount of people who know music. It's great! All of the other areas that I passed by, there weren´t any that knew music. I´m excited. Also, I´m still in a coastal town, so I still get to enjoy the nice ocean breeze. My current companion is Elder Cameron, who is from Las Vegas. He looks Brazilian because he is part Philipino. And I am part Japanese. So, by appearance we look like Brazilians, but unfortunately we still have accents. So, that gives us away. Dang it.

So, when we had our meeting with the branch president yesterday morning, he asked me to give a talk in Sacrament meeting that day. So, I did. That´s the life of a missionary. It´s a good thing that we study everyday. I gave a talk about keeping the commandments. It´s really important and something that all the prophets tell us. Unfortunately, us, humans, forget rather often. The scripture that I read in Alma was in chapter 9 verse 13, which says...

Behold, do ye not remember the words which he spake unto Lehi, saying that: aInasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments, ye shall prosper in the land? And again it is said that: Inasmuch as ye will not keep my commandments ye shall be cut off from the presence of the Lord.

If we keep the commandments we will prosper, but if not, the Lord will take away His blessings for us. When we keep the commandments, we will draw closer to God. I know the gospel is true. I know that theChurch of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is His kingdom here on earth. I love you my friends and family.


-Elder Samuel H. Chiba

No comments:

Post a Comment