Monday, April 25, 2011

Pascoa ´11

Well, it was an interesting week. We did a division earlier last week, and while on this division something fun happened. Some guy came up to me and said "I´ve been looking for you! What size are you feet?!" I then told him my shoe size, and he told me he has some tennis shoes that he wanted to give me. He had received some shoes as a gift and they were to big for him. So, he sent someone back to his house to get the shoes for me. He told me "I´ve been looking for someone to donate these shoes to." That´s pretty cool. As far as this past week has gone, there have been a lot of people out of town, which is normal especially for the holidays. We ate a lot of fish, as did the rest of Brasil (I think). And we received Ovos de Pascoa, or in English, Easter Eggs. But here, you usually just get one big ol´ chocolate egg that has more candy or a toy prize inside. So, an Ovo de Pascoa is a big deal.

Recently, we´ve been meeting with a sister who has had some concerns about the spirit world. During the three days while the Savior was dead, He visited the spirit world and taught those that were there. The spirit world is divided in two. There is a Spirit Paradise and a Spirit Prison. It´s a place where our spirits wait until the day that we are ressurrected. Paradise and Prison are more like conditions of the mind, where in paradise you are happy and free of conscience, prison you are unhappy and have a heavy laden conscience. Our Loving Father in Heaven still gives us a chance in the Spirit World to receive and accept the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I´m truly grateful for such a merciful and loving Father in Heaven. I know He loves us and wants us to be happy. I know that His gospel is the way to happiness. I love you. I hope your Easter was good and that you were able to remember the Savior and what He has done for us. Have a great week!


-Elder Samuel H. Chiba


No comments:

Post a Comment