Wednesday, August 17, 2011

An Interesting Baptism

So, this past Saturday a twelve year old rambunctous boy was baptized. The baptismal font was supposed to be full, actually we were worried it was going to be overfull and we rushed to see if it was overflowing. When we got to the church, to our surprise the font was only partially full a little higher than the second step. Fortunately the kid is pretty small so we proceeded forward. In order for him to be fully imersed during the baptism he had to lay completely straight. But we had do it several times because his feet bobbed up. So, for the seventh time I hopped into a white suit really quick in order to help the kid get baptized. My companion baptized him and I had to hold his legs down so they wouldn´t bob up. The poor kid was shaking and was nervous throughout the whole thing, but in the end he didn´t want to get out of the water... Anyway, it was an interesting experience that I wrote down in my journal.

It´s interesting to see the challenges that come up for baptisms. But we have faith and move forward. I know that the gospel was restored through the prophet Joseph Smith. The keys of eternal life have been restored, and we can be baptized by the same authority that Jesus Christ was baptized with. The key to know if this is true is to read the Book of Mormon and pray and ask God. I know He answers our sincere prayers. I love you. Have a great week!


-Elder Samuel H. Chiba

No comments:

Post a Comment