Thursday, February 18, 2010

How long has it been? Seis Semanas?!?!? (6 weeks)

Bom Dia! (Good Day, actually means good morning but translating word for word would be good day) This past weekend was Carnaval, but I couldn´t tell because I was in class and studying the whole time. But I´m totally fine with that because I´ve heard things about Carnaval.... On the brighter side of things, we have three new additions to my district. Three SisterMissionaries. Sister Harper arrived on Saturday and Sisters Davis and Marshal arrived yesterday. So now my happy district is 11 missionaries strong. Oh, this my 6th week here. It´s crazy how long I´ve been here even though it doesn´t feel like it´s been that long. Now I can kind of speak Português. Random fun fact, I am in love with the Guarana soda. It´s amazing!!!! Also, I am in love with these delicious things called Pastels. They are like super amazingly awesome hot pockets that are fresh. You can get gourmet/savoury ones or dessert ones. It´s been pretty warm here. Well actually it´s been warm since I arrived, but especially now because it hasn´t rained for a while. Tomorrow my district is doing an English fast to prepare to contact people in the streets on Friday. I´m really excited and terrified at the same time. But, I glad to finally be able to share the gospel with people. But, my Português is still developing.... So, it will be interesting. I only have a few more weeks here at the CTM then it is off to Teresina. I plan to be fluent in 1 to two months after I leave the CTM. I´ve always loved the Book of Mormon, but I´ve really grown to appreciate it a lot more since I´ve been here. It´s awesome because when you read it along side with the Bible it makes things way more understandable. It truly is another Testament of Jesus Christ. Family and Friends at home, I love you all so very much, and I wish that you could be here and see through my eyes so that we could all share this amazing experience together. But alas email, letters and blog will have to suffice. I want you to look up a scripture reference in the Book of Mormon, it´s in the book of Moroni chapter 8 verse 3. So, if you don´t have one go get one and read it because I love you. Also, please send me a letter if you want to correspond with me because I´m only allowed to email my family. I love you. May God be with you til we meet again.

-Elder Samuel H. Chiba

1 comment:

  1. If you google the reference Sam is referring to, the first lds.org link (listed below)can bring you straight to it.However i think Sam's challenge to get your hands on a Book Of Mormon and read it will provide you a greater understanding of the meaning of the scripture. I add my testimony that reading scripture that testifies of Christ fills the heart with joy and peace that can not be counterfeited or copied by any other source but God alone. Take Elder Chiba's challenge. I know it made my day a better for having done so.

    Christy (Chiba) DeSpain

    http://scriptures.lds.org/moro/8/3a

    ReplyDelete