Saturday, February 6, 2010

Woohoo!!!

This keyboard is nifty.
Ok, well, I get fed way too much in the cafeteria. But the food is pretty good, but the flavors are kind of repetitive. I miss the freedom of preparing my own food or cooking for others. I am also in heaven weather wise. It´s warm all the time and it rains at least everyday. Yesterday there was some crazy awesome lightning and thunder. The thunder was so loud that it actually startled me. We had gym time just barely before that.
Oh, good news, my mile time is 8.14 minutes. Which is way better than I ever did in high school. I still weigh about the same though. It´s funny, there is a scale and right above it on the wall is a conversion chart from metric to whatever system we use. I think I´ve decided that once I am fluent in Português I won´t speak Inglês anymore. I´ll still type though. English is so weird. So, you better brush up on some kind of latin based language before I get home. I´ve not been doing so great at practicing my vocal technique. There just isn´t enough time to do anything other than study the gospel and Português.
Last night a huge moth invaded our room. (oh, by the way, there are now two Brasileiro missionários living with us in our room, they are totally cool) Anyway, I was dodging a lot as it was flying around. It was as big as a bat. CRAZY!!! and the worst part is, that there are spiders that are that big where I´ll be serving up north. Oh, the population here is São Paulo is about 20 million. not 200 million, that´s crazy. It´s the second largest populated city in the world? Anyway, it´s great. We have a great view from our window. Oh, the streets with all the cars are like 4-6 lanes on each side and sometimes a separate motorcycle lane.
Anyways, I´m really grateful for our Heavenly Father who loves us and is watching over all my friends and family at home. And I am so happy to be preparing to share that good news with the people of Brasil. I love you all very much. May the Lord bless you and keep you until we meet again.

Love,
Elder Samuel H. Chiba

(p.s. this is my address until March if anyone wants to send me a letter or something. make sure to put your return address on the back of the envelope.)
(p.s.p.s. nothing inappropriate please)
Elder Samuel H. Chiba
Branch 5 Distrito 03-A Box 21
São Paulo Brasil
Missionary Training Center
Rua Padre Antônio D´Angelo, 121-Casa Verde
CEP 02516-040 São Paulo Brasil - SP - Brasil

No comments:

Post a Comment