Sunday, February 28, 2010

Week Seven

So, it is into week 7. WOOHOO!!!! The weather is perfect. By perfect I mean really warm all the time. Thank goodness my classroom has AC. But it´s in the 80s pretty regularly I think. I´m not sure because it´s in Celsius down here, and the thermometer reads between 25-29. So, I´m not really sure what that means.
Anyway, I´m just glad that I get to wear short sleeves all the time rather than a suit. I´ve only been really homesick for food. Eating in the Refetório (cafeteria) everyday is getting to me. But, only a couple more weeks until I can prepare my own food. I am excited for that day. I don´t remember if I´ve told you very much about my companion Elder Epperson. He´s way cool. He´s from the Seattle area in Washington and he used to work as a veterinary assistant. He´s totally chill and 1/4 Japanese, but looks completely caucasion with his blond hair and green eyes. We both have an irrational love for Korroke(croquettes) and sushi. Well Japanese food in general.
Friday was our first time proselyting around the neighborhood. It was a very awesome experience. I love sharing awesome things with awesome people. By awesome things I mean the Gospel of Jesus Christ and by awesome people I mean everyone in the entire world!
I´ve been studying about Charity lately, and I realized that I need to be more charitable to everyone. Also, I need to work on humility also. Ok, well actually there are a lot of things I need to work on, but Charity is the one that I´m focussing on right now. Oh! and patience, I definitely need to be more patient. Oh man. I was asked to sing tomorrow for a special devotional because there is a general authority coming here to the CTM to visit. It´s going to be sweet because I´m going to be singing with a Sister missionary and our song that we´re doing is beautiful. We´re singing an arrangement of ´Abide with Me Tis Even Tide´. (Oh, I also miss In 'N´Out. On a different note...) I´ve come to really enjoy the New Testament a lot. Especially St. John lately. Anyway, we have a couple weeks left until we head off to the field, then it will be even more amazing. I love you all.

-Elder Samuel H. Chiba

(p.s. I leave the CTM on the 16 of March, so if you want to get a letter to me some time in the next couple of weeks, send it soon because my address will change shortly!)

No comments:

Post a Comment