Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The World Cup is in Less than a Month!?!?!??!

Oh man, it sure is warm here. The lan house we´re in today is not air conditioned. Also there is no verb for e-mail. In English you can pretty much make anything into a verb, but not in Português. I´m not sure what to write about this week....
Ok, so my companion is sick. It´s rather unfortunate. We were at one of the branch members´ house for lunch. And they have two little kids, and one of them sneezed all over the food (mind you just the salad). And my companion is now sick. I fortunately have antibodies of steel. (that is a lie, I´ve been sick twice so far during the mission and it´s only been four months....) So, as for my Português, some people say that I´ve improved greatly. Also my companion says I´m very clear and understandable, but then every once in a while someone says, "What did he say? He doesn´t speak correctly." I suppose I have moments when I may not be perfect in my speach. (has anyone caught on to the sarcasm yet? i know it´s difficult to tell because you can´t hear my voice, but I´m trying my best to type my tonal inflections.) As for my weight, I weighed myself in my exercise clothes and i weigh less than I though. So, when I started this journey, I weighed about 220 lbs or 101 kilos and now I´m about 88.8 kilos which is roughly 195 lbs. (Mom, it turns out I don´t really need those pants you packed just in case I gained weight, but just so you know, I am wearing them right now and at least once a week because they are comfortable). So, O Copo Do Mundo or The World Cup is in June. June 11 to be exact. That´s pretty much a government holiday here. Actually I don´t know, but maybe it will be..... So, I´ll be cheering for BRASIL!!!!! (Sorry United States of America and Japan, normally I am an avid fan of my mother countries, but for soccer or futebol it´s Brasil all the way.)

Anyway, the letter of the week is actually 5 letters which are....... THE VOWELS!!!!!!!!!

A- sounds like "ah" or at the end of a word "uh"
E- sounds like "eh" or at the end of a word "ee"
I - sounds like "ee" all the time
O - sounds like "oh" or at the end of a word "oo"
U - sounds like "oo" all the time


Today I would like to tell you how Heavenly Father views little children. Heavenly Father is infinitely loving and merciful. So, the commandment of baptism to be saved doesn´t apply to little children under the age of accountability or to anyone who is mentally handicapped who is childlike in their mentality. The age of accountability is 8 years of age. By this age any child knows the difference between good and bad. Some children do mature faster or more quickly than other children do, but 8 years of age is when anyone knows what they are doing is good or bad. In the book of Moroni in The Book of Mormon, in chapter 8 verses 9-20 we learn about God´s love and mercy towards children. I know that God loves us and that His mercy is endless. I know this because I know that The Book of Mormon is truly the word of God. I know that you can know for yourself also. Read Moroni 10:3-5. I love you my friends and family. You´re always in my prayers. Also, please write. I´ll write back to you, it may take some time but I´ll write back.
Love,
Elder Samuel H. Chiba



Moroni Chapter 10 verses 3-5: http://scriptures.lds.org/en/moro/10

No comments:

Post a Comment