Monday, May 24, 2010

Hot Nuts! New Baby! The Letter "T"!

Yesterday I saw how you roast cashews the Brazilian way. It was really cool and kind of dangerous. And I don´t know how to describe it except there was a lot of fire and the liquid in the cashews is really flammable and likes to explode. I wish I had my camera to make a video, but unfortunately I forgot it at our house.

Anyway, today I received some amazing news!!!!!!! Eu sou um tio!!!! (I am an uncle!!!!!!!!!!) My nephew, Anson, was born on the 20th of May. Isn´t that great?!?! (I realize that asking questions is kind of pointless and will always be retoricle, so the answer to that is WOOHOO!!! YAY THERE´S A NEW BABY!!!!!!!!!)

Moving on, today´s Portugués letter is the letter "T." It´s like a regular ´t´ sound but softer. Also when placed before an ´i´ is pronounced chi like Chiba (also when it´s placed before an ´e´ at the end of a word).

So, today I´m going to talk about Faith in Jesus Christ, because you can have faith in a lot of things. Faith in Jesus Christ is a belief that He is the son of God, that He atoned for our sins, and that through His atonement we can be cleansed of our sins and live with our Heavenly Father again. Faith in Jesus Christ is the driving force behind all of the principles of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It´s a force because faith isn´t only a hope but also an action. Things are great! Thank you for you love, support and prayers. I love you all!

-Elder Samuel H. Chiba

No comments:

Post a Comment