Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Olá meus amigos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Olá meus amigos!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (hello my friends). You know what´s interesting about Português is that when you pluralize a word you pluralize the possesive article too. Example: meu amigo, meus amigos. minha cadeira (my chair) minhas cadeiras....... Anyway, I´ve known that for a while but felt like sharing. Teaching English is fun. It´s surprising how many sounds we have in english that don´t exist in other languages. It´s fascinating. It´s fun to teach too, especially words with ´th´. Everyday, I love it here more and more. (then there are some days like the day with the spider that make me want to run away) But, in general, I really enjoy it here.

My companion Elder Pio and I work a lot. Teaching people about the gospel is pretty much the best thing. I´ve been realizing lately how amazing my calling as a missionary is. I realized more fully lately that the authority to preach the gospel is given to missionaries. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is truly the Church of Jesus Christ which has been restored and is the same as it was during Christ´s time on the earth. We have a Prophet, we have 12 Apostles, and we have the Authority given by God to govern His church, to baptize, and to preach the gospel. I´ve met a lot of amazing people, and if it weren´t for this gospel, I wouldn´t have had the oportunity to be blessed with the new friendships I have.
If anyone is curious to know if The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is God´s church on the Earth today, pray. It´s simple, just pray. Any man, any person can tell you that their church is true. Even I will tell you without a doubt that this Church is true, but you shouldn´t take my word for it. Pray and talk with your Heavenly Father, He will answer your prayer. In The Book of Mormon in the Book of Moroni chapter 10 verses 3-5 (but especially 5) we learn that we can know the truth of all things by the power of the Holy Ghost. Then in Galations 5:22 we learn how to recognize the Holy Ghost. You can know for yourself, from the ultimate source of knowledge, but you have to take that first step of faith and pray. I love you all.

Elder Samuel H. Chiba


Moroni Chapter 10, verses 3-6:
3 Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts.
4 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faithin Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
5 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.
6 And whatsoever thing is good is just and true; wherefore, nothing that is good denieth the Christ, but acknowledgeth that he is.

Galations chapter 5 verse 22:
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

St. Matthew chapter7 verse 20:
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

No comments:

Post a Comment