Monday, July 12, 2010

Sem Esperança Na Copa Do Mundo, wait... 4th of July?!

(written Monday July 5th)

The magic letter of the day is "C." When "C" is followed by an "A, O, or U" it has a solid "k" sound. When "C" is followed by an "I or E" or if it has the cedila accent "Ç" it has an "S" sound.
Well folks, first the U.S. lost, then Japan lost, then Brasil lost. All three of the teams I was rooting for lost. Also, just so you know, there is practically a holiday every 2 or 3 weeks. But, the 4th of July is not a holiday!!!!! =( I know, it´s a sad thing. Why doesn´t the whole world celebrate the independence of the United States of America?! I´m just kidding, or sarcastic right now.

I did have a moment yesterday where I said to myself, "happy 4th of July." But I felt some kind of emptyness without the red white and blue and patrioticness. I suppose I am literally Uncle Sam, so I guess wherever I go America goes with me... The interesting thing is people tell me that I don´t act American, and that I act more Japanese. They are like, "You know that Japanese elder? Oh, wait, he´s American." So, I´ve kind of had an identity crisis my whole life, and I still do kind of. But then I remember that race or nationality doesn´t matter because I am a child of God. I am the son of a loving Father in Heaven who is always watching out for me, loves me, and blesses me so much everyday. In reality, everyone is a child of God. So, if you ever feel sad or lonely, or out of place, you don´t need to. But if or when you do, just say a prayer and talk with your Heavenly Father.

There is a song I learned when I was a child that gives me comfort. The first verse is a child´s humble prayer.
It goes like this:

Heavenly Father, are you really there?
And do you hear and answer every child´s prayer?
Some say that heaven is far away,
but I feel it close around me when I pray.
Heavenly Father I remember now,
something that Jesus told Disciples long ago,
'Suffer the children to come to me.'
Father in prayer, I´m coming out to thee.

The second verse is the response to the prayer:

Pray, He is there. Speak, He is listening.
You are his child. His love now surrounds you.
He hears your prayers. He loves the children.
Of such is the Kingdom, the Kingdom of Heaven.

So, my beloved brothers and sisters, friends and family. You don´t need to be alone, just pray because your Father in Heaven is always listening. I know He loves me, and I know He loves each and every one of you. I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior and Redeemer of the world, and that He lives.
I love you all.
-Elder Samuel H. Chiba

No comments:

Post a Comment