Monday, July 26, 2010

Things are picking up here... What? Training in Teresina?!

Oi Pessoal!

Things here are in fact picking up. My companion and I know our part of the city better. We´re teaching people. It´s only been maybe two weeks in the field for Elder Braga, and I will be leaving him here with the other new missionary (he´s been here for one transfer, so he´s pretty capable) to go to Teresina for training for four days. Actually, they are both very capable. I just worry because they´re both kind of new, espeacially my companion.

On Saturday, we had a church activity for the younger people in the branch, and went to this awesome lake that had awesome sand dunes. It was amazingly beautiful. Also, guess what! I´m beautiful! Or at least the people here seem to think so. Anyway, so we walk around saying things like "Bom Dia!, Boa Tarde!, Boa Noite!, and Tudo bem?" (good morning, good afternoon, good evening/night, and how are you?) Everyday, I get a fun reaction from different people. The other day I said "Boa Tarde" to this really old lady who was watching her grandchild in the front of her house, and she said "O! Bonitão!" which translates to "Oh my! What a hunk!" (bonito meaning beautiful, and when you put an "ão" at the end of a word it makes it more intense or emphasized). Then another night we walked past this group of women, and said "Boa Noite!" and one of them said "Agora, esta boa!" or "Now, it´s good!". Things like this happen rather often. It´s really funny. Don´t worry, I won´t let it get to my head.

So, my bus is leaving in a half hour. I need to get going. But, I want you to know that the gospel is true and that it was restored to the earth by God through His prophet Joseph Smith. I love you all.

-Elder Samuel H. Chiba







No comments:

Post a Comment