Monday, July 12, 2010

Transfers are on my birthday!?!?!

Oi Povo!

The letter "L" is a fun letter. At the beginning of a word or in between vowels "L" is pronounced normally. But in any other location is pronounced like "oo". For example - Brasil (Brah-zee-oo) Isn´t that great?!

Today was way awesome!!! And it´s only going to get awesomer!!!! (yes I know that is poor English) Today we went on an awesome adventure with some of our friends in the Cidade Jardim branch (Pilo [formerly Elder Santiago whom I met on the airplane to Brasil], his sister Vilmia, Tiago [Vilmia´s boyfriend], and Priscilla [their cousin]. We went to the governor of Piauí´s house, the oldest theatre in Piauí, this awesome place that used to be a prison (when Brasil was in a more dictatorship type government 50 years ago?) and is now a whole bunch of shops with art things specific to Piauí, and also to the point where the two rivers meet. Teresina has two rivers and they are different colors, and when they meet they mix. It´s pretty cool to see the currents collide.

Anyway, this morning we received a phone call with our new assignments. I will be going to Camocim in Ceará. (Elder Wickstrum and I will be serving in the same state in Brasil) Also, more exciting news. I´m going to be training a new missionary.... I´m kind of nervous because my Portugués still needs work and my new companion will be a Brasileiro. So, it´s going to be an adventure. I LOVE ADVENTURE!!! Hahaha! Life is great folks. This afternoon, we are also holding a baptismal service. Today is just wonderful. I´m so grateful to be here in this beautiful country. Today I got to see a more beautiful part of it.

It´s amazing how the more things of nature I see, the more I appreciate the Great Creator. I know that we are children of God. I know that Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost are three separate beings and one in purpose. I know that God calls prophets to lead and teach the people. And I know that we have a prophet today called of God, and his name is Thomas S. Monson. Through the prophet, I have been called to serve in this wonderful part of this great world. I love you all.

-Elder Samuel H. Chiba

No comments:

Post a Comment