Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Sião Luís

So, I´m in the capital city of Maranhão, São Luís. Which just so happens to be on an island. But, it´s pretty big. This is my third area. I´m serving in a really big ward with my new companion Elder Paz (his name means peace). Just so you know, Sião means Zion, so I´m in "Sião Luís." Get it? My companion Elder Paz is almost the same height as me, and quite a bit bigger than I am. He´s 25 and joined the church 4 or 5 years ago. He´s pretty cool.

There is this awesome soda called "Guaraná Jesus" it´s pink, and it´s tasty. It only exists here in Maranhão. On the bottle it says, something like "the flavor of living in Maranhão."

I don´t have too much time today, but I want you to know something very important. The Gospel of Jesus Christ truly blesses lives and families. In my last area, there was a family on the brink of separation, until we helped them learn about the gospel. When they truly applied the principles of the gospel, there was a miraculous change. In the beginning the man and woman were sitting on opposite sides of the room. But now they want to be baptized and sealed in the temple for eternity. So, what I learned is that if your marriage is falling apart either one or both parties are not living the gospel. Don´t pass blame to others for your faults. Do what you can to live the gospel and invite others to live the gospel also. Don´t give up. A family can be together forever, but remember that we all have to fight to stay on the right path. A marriage can last forever, but you have to live selflessly. I know the gospel is true because I see it changing lives. It´s truly something amazing. I know that Christ lives. I know the Book of Mormon is true and that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true church of God. I love you my brothers and sisters.
-Elder Samuel H. Chiba

No comments:

Post a Comment