Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sushi Night!

A week ago, I made sushi at Waldemar´s house. (Val-deh-mar he´s a member of the church here who takes care of us) Anyway, he has traveled to Japan and other countries because he works with ships, but especially likes Japan. So, he bought some seaweed and kani (artificial crab), and we made sushi. More like California rolls. So, you know in sushi, you need to add some rice vinegar to season the rice, but here it´s kind of difficult to find. So, I used apple vinegar, and it turns out that apple vinegar is a good substitute when you don´t have rice vinegar. Also, you need to use a special kind of rice, but didn´t find that either. Fortunately, I know how to make normal rice into sticky rice.

Also this week, we discovered that the area that we tract isn´t actually São Luís. A small part of our area is, but we discovered that most of our area is actually in the neighboring city, which is São José de Ribamar. We were surprised. We´ve been here for more than a month, but didn´t realize that we were leaving the city, in which we live, everyday.Yesterday, I was talking with some visiters at church. One of them asked me, what is different about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and other churches. I told him, "well, that´s kind of a difficult question. but basicially this, we have the whole gospel of Jesus Christ" And basically that really is the answer, we have the fullness of the gospel, when others have parts, or have altered parts, or missing parts. It´s actually really kind of lengthy and difficult to explain in an email. So, here is what I have to say:

1. talk with some local missionaries. They can help you understand better.
2. Visit the Church of Jesus Chist of Latter-day Saints. There you will learn more about the gospel.
3. Read the Book of Mormon, because in the Book of Mormon, you will understand clearly what the Gospel of Jesus Christ is. I know that the things that we teach are true. That´s why I´m here in Brasil for 2 years. That´s why I speak Portugués.

I love you my friends and family.

-Elder Samuel H. Chiba

No comments:

Post a Comment