Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Teresina, Rain, and Flying Ants

So, this week I went to Teresina for training again. It was a really good training. I learned a lot. Also, because I went to Teresina, I was able to pick up packages and letters for my District!!!! That´s right! The Christmas packages arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are so wonderful!!!!!!! Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My companion is very happy also, and grateful. Like seriously, it was so great!!!!!! FELIZ NATAL!!!!(in a material kind of way...) But still, it means a lot to me. Thank you.

As it is now January, the seasons are changing again. Here in the Northeast of Brasil there are two seasons. Six months of sun and six months of rain. The six months of rain have definitely started. The rain has started to be more frequent and heavy. It actually gets a little chilly at night because of the rain.The flying ants came out the other day after was sunny for the majority of the day. Oh man, it´s pretty gross. They are everywhere. If you thought ants were a problem where you live, go to a tropical climate. There are many different species also. It´s pretty fascinating, but it´s one of those things that I didn´t really need to know.

Because this week has been crazy and totally out of my regular schedule my plans to write in my journal everyday didn´t work out so well. So, I´m going to write in my journal better this week. But I did get the chance to go on splits with my good friend Elder Epperson my CTM comp who is now my zone leader. We can do splits because I´m a district leader and he´s my zone leader. It was a really good experience.

Yesterday three of the people that we have been teaching were baptized. Unfortunately, I wasn´t able to be there because I was on the division, but I did get a chance to talk to them after their baptism. They were really happy.
Lately, I´ve been really impressed with the scripture Alma 34:32 which says...
"For behold, this alife is the time for men to bprepare to meet God; yea, behold the day of cthis life is the day for men to perform their dlabors."
Our life right now is a preparation to meet God. As right now are the last days until the Savior comes again, the importance of missionary work magnifies everyday. Our purpose as missionaries of the Lord Jesus Christ is to invite others to come unto Christ. So, that´s what I do everyday. It doesn´t matter if you think you know a lot about the Savior or if you know a little, because we can always improve. This is my invitation to you, to come unto Christ. I know He lives. I know that He loves us. I know that He will come again. The question is where will we be in our life when He comes. Will we be ready? Or will we be caught unaware. Let´s perform all of our labors to prepare to meet God. I love you all.


-Elder Samuel H. Chiba


p.s. pictures with Christmas packages and with a gecko




No comments:

Post a Comment