Monday, January 17, 2011

Um Anozinho!

As some of you may be aware, this past week I completed one year since I´ve left home. And what a wonderful year it has been. Anozinho means little year, but here it´s what they call the one year birthday of a child. After one year, I am bilingual. Also, I think my English grammar and spelling has gotten worse and will worsen during this next year. When I talk to other American missionaries we speak a mixture of Portuguese and English, thus forming the language Portinglés. So, when I get home try not to make fun of me so much if I talk weird. Also, I´ve lost about 40 lbs. When you see me, don´t be surprised to see a very stunning and lean young man.

So, my one year anniversary fell on my half birthday, (as well as my parting date from home). I received a calender of 2011 which is amazing because it´s full of pictures of family. But, the other cool thing is that it´s pretty much a count down until I go home. So, if anyone is anxiously awaiting my arrival home, just follow the calender of 2011 and if you like you can cross out the days. Just kidding. There is so much to do still. January is more than half over.

Also during this past year, I´ve been learning and realizing the reality of the gospel and how important it really is. My testimony of the Savior, His gospel, and His church have grown imensely. I know that Jesus Christ lives. I know that only through Him we can be saved. I know that His church, The Church of Jusus Christ of Latter-day Saints, has all of the keys of salvation and has His authority to conduct the Sacred Ordinances of Salvation, like Baptism and receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost. The Lord has commanded all men and women to repent and be baptized, so that He might have mercy on us. As it says in the book of 3rd Nephi chapter 27 verses 13-16.

13.Behold I have given unto you my agospel, and this is the gospel which I have given unto you—that I came into the world to do the bwill of my Father, because my Father sent me.

14.And my Father sent me that I might be alifted up upon the bcross; and after that I had been lifted up upon the ccross, that I might ddraw all men unto me, that as I have been lifted up by men even so should men be lifted up by the Father, to stand before me, to be ejudged of their works, whether they be good or whether they be evil—

15.And for this cause have I been alifted up; therefore, according to the power of the Father I will draw all men unto me, that they may be judged according to their bworks.

16.And it shall come to pass, that whoso arepenteth and is baptized in my bname shall be filled; and if he cendureth to the end, behold, him will I hold guiltless before my Father at that day when I shall stand to judge the world.


My dear friends and family. I pray that we can all be held guiltless before God. I know it is possible if we truly follow the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Thank you for all your love and support. I love you.



-Elder Samuel H. Chiba


p.s. So, there are two pictures of me on my 1 year point, and a picture of my companion chasing donkeys in the Church parking lot. They walked in while the gates were open.





1 comment:

  1. Sam! it looks so beautiful there
    Keep it up Stud!... AND CATCH THOSE DEER-THINGS

    ReplyDelete