Monday, June 20, 2011

Things are going better

First off, HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!!!
Things are going better here in good ol´ Parnaiba. E. Martinez is really cool. We´ve been working well together. On Saturday we went to visit an english class a the local university. They asked us questions and we got to share the gospel with them in english. Which I might add is weird. There is a member who takes english there and asked us to visit. There was this girl in the class that was interesting and too flirtatious. She was asking us what we like to do, and if we were single or married, and what we like to do at night. To which we responded accordingly: sing, single, and sleep. To which she was dissappointed. It was interesting... Another girl asked me if I liked the girl who was what call here "sem vergonha" or without shame, to which I said "Não vou responder" I won´t respond/answer. We were talking in English the whole time except for my last comment. It was a funny experience. The other students asked good questions. There was a student that was interested in our work as missionaries and was interested in visiting the church. It´s interesting how things work out.
I´ve been finding out that obedience and work really are what make me happy. I know that the gospel is true. I know that the Book of Mormon is true.
-Elder Samuel Chiba

No comments:

Post a Comment