Thursday, June 30, 2011

Different Answers

So, this past week my companion and I fasted so that we could have a baptism. During the week we did all that we could to help someone enter the waters of baptism this past Saturday. Long story short, no one was baptized this last weekend, but the Lord answered our prayers in a different way. Friday morning we contacted a reference we had previously received. She is married to a member of the church here in Parnaiba. When we got there we sat down and barely introduced ourselves, when she said "so, it´s with you that I mark my baptism right? I have a date in mind. Can I be baptized on the 9th of July?" To which we responded, "Sure! Of course!". She is really happy and excited and can´t wait to go to the temple. She also wants to help the rest of her family live the gospel.

So, moral of the story, although we may want certain or specific results or answers, God gives us what He feels is right, and a lot of the time as I have notice the answers to our prayers are different than we expect. I know that God lives and that His plan of happiness is true. Let´s all work to go to the Celestial Kingdom. I love you all. Have a great week!!!

-Elder Samuel H. Chiba

No comments:

Post a Comment