Monday, September 12, 2011

Training is São Luís

This past week I traveled to São Luís by bus for 10 hours for a leadership training. It was a good training. I slept on the bus ride there and the bus ride back to my area. The fun thing about taking long bus rides is that the sweaters that Janet bought me before the mission come in handy. Trainings and bus rides are the only times it gets cold enough to wear a sweater. Thanks sis! Something interesting happened when I got back from the training. I realized that my ankles, feet, and calves were swollen. It was really weird! That has never happened to me that I can remember. I called Sister Dias and she had the Doctor is São Paulo call me. The doctor said it was nothing to worry about and that water likes to accumulate in the lowest part of the body when you don´t do anything. So, he said next time I travel for a long period of time without being able to get up and walk around I should do some exercises every once in a while to keep my circulation going nicely. Anyway, you learn something new every day right?

The work here is good. The people are really open and are really easy to talk to. The trick is now we have to find the people who are looking, rather than trying to convince the people who don´t want anything. So, that´s what we are going to work on a lot this week. Yesterday we took a young member of the church with us to do some visits. It was pretty cool.
I´m really grateful to be here serving the Lord. I´m really happy. I know the gospel is true. I´ve seen , or better yet, I see people change because of the gospel of Jesus Christ. It´s amazing. Everything here is building my testimony a lot. I've got just a few months left, but I´m going to make the best of it. I know the Book fo Mormon is true and that it is proof of the true church of Jesus Christ. I love you, and I hope you have a great week!


-Elder Samuel H. Chiba

p.s. we found a jaca fruit in the street!

No comments:

Post a Comment