Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Meu Último Natal no Campo

This week has been great! We´re preparing a lady named Raimunda (pronunciation of 'R' in portuguese if it starts the word or if there is a 'rr' is the sound of 'h' so her name is like this Hi-moonda) I hope that makes sense to you. Anyway, she´s a very nice lady. She´s been looking for the truth her whole life and has been to a lot of churches. She had some problems smoking, but now she is smoke-free thanks to the gospel. She doesn´t want her family to know she´s getting baptized because she doesn't want there to be a lot of drama leading up to her baptism. She´s about in her 40's I think. She's very down to earth.
There are some others that we are going to invite to be baptised this Christmas. I hope they feel the true Christmas Spirit.

I´m really thankful for a loving Father in Heaven. I know He hears our prayers and He loves us whether week or strong. Even though sometimes we may feel insignificant, I know that we are important to Him. I know He loves us. He sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to take upon Himself the sins and pains of the world. All who follow His gospel, have faith in Him, repent, are baptized, receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, and endure to the end will be saved. The great plan of happiness is only possible through Christ.

One silent and peaceful night long ago, our Savior was born so that we might live. I urge you and invite you focus less on the festivities and give a present to Him, whose birth we celebrate. Invite someone to church, serve someone who needs help, extend your hand to someone a little lonely. Merry Christmas! I´ll see you on New Years Day!!!!!!!!!!!

I love you. Have a great Christmas week!

-Elder Samuel H. Chiba

No comments:

Post a Comment