Thursday, April 29, 2010

Boa Tarde! It´s almost Maio!

Don´t ask about the title heading. I just felt like writing that. Anyway, Monday when we went to email we were there for about maybe 15 minutes, and there was a power outage. Go figure. But yesterday was Zone Conference and I talked to Presidente Dias (Preh-zi-denchi Jias) I don´t know if that made sense or not. Anyway, he gave us permission to email today.

So, one of the scariest moments of my life happened Monday night during the power outage. Oh, but first. I´ve made it through my first transfers. I´m still in the same area (which I am glad, the people here are great), but I have a new companion. His name is Elder Pio. He´s from Bahia. He´s pretty cool. Anyway, that happened last week.

So, the scary moment, the power was out, but fortunately I had my flashlight with my avatar the last airbender sticker on it. We got home because the streets were dark and we can´t really teach at night without power. In our house we walk it and I got to where my luggage is stationed, and above my luggage on the wall is this huge spider about the size of my palm. (i don´t have small hands) it had 7 legs and I´m pretty sure it was a brazillian wandering spider, which are not cool. It wasn´t a turantula I´ve seen a couple of those even one near our door one time. anyway, I tried to kill it with my shoe, but this thing was super lighting fast. fortunately we had it cornered and my companion super kicked it and it died. man that thing was nasty!!! i took a shower afterward. oh, funny thing too. earlier that day I decided to clean and oraganize my luggage and keep everything zipped up because I saw a small spider near by. (i´m pretty sure that was inspiration from the Lord, protecting me) Oh, also, a couple of weeks ago I started teaching an english class. it´s cool. now i´ve got two. One on Tuesday and one on Thursday.

Well, I don´t have much time left. I love you all. I know that the gospel I teach about everyday is true without any doubt. There is no possible way it cannot be. So, if you want to know for yourself, ask God in sincere prayer if the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints is the true church of God that Christ established while He was on the earth. I know He will respond to your prayer if you pray sincerely.

Love,
Elder Samuel H. Chiba

No comments:

Post a Comment