Thursday, June 24, 2010

Celebrating Sozinho

So, the work here has been slow since the World Cup started. On days that Brasil is playing especially. We´ve been staying in our house cleaning, studying, and taking pictures. Yesterday, I made some videos of myself opening up a Maracujá (or passion fruit). It´s pretty cool, it was my first time doing it myself. I ate a bit of it, then made juice out of it. It´s pretty cool on the inside of the fruit. It´s like a alien egg pod. You´ll get to see the video eventually some day. Anyway, while I was doing this I was dressed in my awesome yellow and green shirt that has a lion on it and the word BRASIL on the back. I have a little Brazilian flag hanging above my desk, and whenever Brasil scored (it was really obvious with all the screaming and yelling and booming of fireworks) I would run outside to my porch and blow my green and yellow whistle to join in the merryment (there is also a video of this). No one saw me because of our wall and gate that surround our house, not even my companion. I think he was trying to take a nap. The poor elder really loves soccer.

As for the letter of the week, ........... it is the letter ´H´. WOOHOO!!!! So, H is pretty fun. If it is at the beginning of a word it is silent like in the English word herb. If it follows an ´L` or an ´N´ it makes a ´y´ sound. For example ´espelho´ (mirror) is pronounce eh-spell-yo or ´minha´ is pronounced meen-ya. I think that´s it for ´H´.

Something very special I´d like to share with you is the fact that God is our Loving Father in Heaven. We are litterally His children, because He is the father of our spirits. Romans chapter 8:16-17 talks about how we are God´s children."16 The Spirit itself beareth awitness with our bspirit, that we are the cchildren of God: 17 And if children, then heirs; aheirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we bsuffer with him, that we may be also glorified together." So, if anyone feels lonely or not of worth, don´t, because you are a child of God and He loves you. If you want to know His love for you, just pray and ask Him. I know He will answer your prayers. I know that God our Heavenly Father loves us, and I know that His son Jesus Christ lives. I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is in fact the same church that Jesus Christ established and by living the teachings of His gospel we can find eternal happiness. I love you and hope you are well.
Love,
Elder Samuel H. Chiba

1 comment:

  1. In England, when people would say 'herb' they would not leave the 'h' silent. So, they would say it just like Americans would say the name 'Herb'.

    ReplyDelete