Tuesday, June 15, 2010

So, A Copa Do Mundo has started

Dear friends and family,
A Copa do Mundo has started!!! Unfortunately, us missionaries here will be stuck in our houses during the games that Brasil is playing. Apparently it will be dangerous outside with drunk people and soccer enthusiasts. Brasilians sure love their soccer and their country. Man, put them together and you get one big party. I think it´s wise of our mission president to have us stay inside. I don´t know about the other Elders houses but ours is close to several bars and it gets pretty loud on weekend nights. But, you should all watch the game because I can´t and you could cheer for Brasil for me. I´ll be in my house blowing my whistle and waving my Brasil flag whenever I hear happy commotion outside.

This week´s letter is the letter D. D is like T, except with a D sound. When it is in front of a i or e at the end of a word it is pronounced like ´g´ for example `gee isn´t that great?´

I´ve been reading the book ´Our Heritage´ lately. It´s really amazing what the early saints did and what they had to go through. Their faith was amazing. Some of those saints were my accestors and I am ever so grateful for their faith in following the directions of the prophets. I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the same church that Jesus Christ established during His earthly ministry. I know thatJoseph Smith was called of God to be the prophet to restore Christ´s church. And I am so grateful for the chance I have to share this wonderful knowledge with others.
Love,
Elder Samuel H. Chiba

No comments:

Post a Comment