Monday, August 23, 2010

Staying In Camocim

To My Beloved Friends and Family,

Well, Transfers are here. Elder Braga and I are staying by ourselves here in Camocim, and the other missionaries Elder Iglézia and Elder Melo are being transfered. So, we have the whole city to ourselves. This week has been very calm. Not much to talk about. Except, remember how I said that there weren´t very many animals here? I think I´ve gotten used to random animals in random places. There are cows that roam the streets here. One time I saw a cow eating out of a garbage can. It took the garbage bags out of the can and shook it about to tear it open to get whatever was inside. You know when you´re camping you have to put your food and garbage in a place where the bears and racoons won´t get to it. Or maybe in the city, there are cats or racoons that dig through the garbage, but here in Camocim, there are cows.

We all have our weaknesses. We all have our troubles, but if we are humble The Lord will make us strong, and make our weaknesses our strengths. In the book of Ether we learn this.

27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.

This, I know to be true. If you have faith and trust in the Lord, He will help you overcome anything. I love you all.

-Elder Samuel H. Chiba

No comments:

Post a Comment