Monday, August 30, 2010

We´re all by our lonesome....

So, our house was full of joy and kind of noisy, then transfers came. So, now it is only me and Elder Braga. We get along great, but we miss the others. So, monday nightlast week was pretty fun. It was me, Elder Braga, and Elder Iglézia. We went to the lan house to email. They were both not feeling well, but you know emailing isn´t that strenuous.... I thought. They weren´t well, at all. We ended up at the hospital afterward. Oh dear. We left the cell phone at the house and we needed to get a hold of our mission president and some of the church members to help. So, we were in the hospital. The two other elders lying in beds. What was I to do? Well, I had to break a rule and ran home all by myself to get the phone. I was all stressed and stuff, and praying the whole time that everything would be ok. Fortunately, Camocim is not that big and it only takes like 10-15 minutes to run from the hospital to the house and back. Everything is fine now. My companion had eaten something bad and the other was sick from what seemed to be induced emotionally. Anyway, that was an adventure.

I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true. I know it is true for many reasons. Some reasons are really basic. For example, as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ, we follow Christ´s example. We try to live in accordance with His teachings and commandments. Another reason is that everything makes sense. There isn´t any doctrine in the church that is contradictory. The more that I´ve been studying and teaching the gospel, the more I realize how everything is connected. It is mind boggling, but so amazing. But most importantly, I know that The Book of Mormon is true. The Book of Mormon is the cornerstone of our religion. The doctrine taught in the Holy Scriptures (The Holy Bible, The Book of Mormon, The Doctrine and Covenants, and The Pearl of Great Price) are the foundation of our faith, but The Book of Mormon is the Cornerstone. If the Book of Mormon is false, than my whole life and my whole purpose in life, especially right now, is a lie. I challenge anyone who has any doubts, who has any curiosity about The Church of Jesus Christ to read The Book of Mormon and ask God, in faith that He will answer, if The Book of Mormon is true.

I know what I know is true. I know that God knows that I know, and I can never deny it. The gospel that I have been called to teach is for the salvation of souls. How wonderful it is to be here, to see lives change, because of the blessings of the gospel. I know that Jesus Christ lives. It is only through Him that we can be cleaned of all of our sins and live with God and our families forever. I love you my friends and my family.

-Elder Samuel H. Chiba


No comments:

Post a Comment