Wednesday, July 6, 2011

4th of July and back to Teresina real quick...

Well Happy 4th of July!!!

Quick update, I´ll be going to Teresina tomorrow for another leadership training, which I wasn´t expecting (it´s complicated) because until last night I wasn´t in any position of leadership. But now I´m a district leader. Today to commemorate the 4th, me and a couple elders are buying lots of ice cream and watermelon to eat. Tonight we´ll make sloppy joes.
A miracle happened this past weekend. Two of our investigators were baptized. It was beautiful. One is the younger sister of a girl that was baptized in February and the other is the mother of Jonathas who was baptized in May. It was really a very special weekend.

Recently, I´ve been truly realizing the truthfulness/reality of the Plan of Salvation. It´s really been sinking in more and more, and everyday I have a better reason to get up at 6:30 in the morning. I have more of a reason to be a missionary. My whole perspective of being a missionary is changing and I´m truly realizing the importance of this work. I am here to help others find their way onto the path that leads to eternal life. To help my brothers and sisters here find their way back to live with God our Heavenly Father again. I know the gospel is true. I encourage you all to read 2 Nephi chapter 2 http://lds.org/scriptures/bofm/2-ne/2?lang=eng.

I hope that we can all make it back to live with our Father in Heaven again. I pray that we do all that we can to live according to the dictates of heaven and have the humility to follow the Lord´s will more than our own. I love you my dear ones.
-Elder Samuel H. Chiba

No comments:

Post a Comment