Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Be of Good Cheer

So, this past week was really good. The training in Teresina was really great. It was great to see the other Elders that I´ve grown to love a lot since the mission. It made me think about the beginning of chapter 17http://lds.org/scriptures/bofm/alma/17?lang=eng in Alma where the sons of Mosiah and Alma met up and were all really happy. It was really nice.

Friday and Saturday was the musical put on my the youth here in Parnaíba. It was interesting. The members that were putting it together asked us to help sing the final number which we were able to do Friday, but not on Saturday because it started later and we had to be home by 9:30 at the latest. The musical was about what we believe, based on the 13th article of faithhttp://lds.org/scriptures/pgp/a-of-f/1?lang=eng. Before the musical and after our weekly English class, we had a baptismal service for a sister who was really excited to be baptized (the one who had told us the day of her baptism). It was really nice. The Spirit was strong. And my comp (Elder Kim Martinez of Mesa Arizona) and I made chocolate chip cookies. It was delightful.

I learned or realized or remembered something at the training last week that I feel is very important to share with all of you. My mission president, President Dias told us that we can do anything. We litterally can do anything. He showed us this inspirational video of a man who did not have arms, but played the acoustic guitar with his feet and sang miraculously. It was really neat. I think his name is Antonio Melendez, he´s Mexican but lives in the US and speaks english and spanish. Anyway, President Dias said some things that caught my attention. He said basically that the Savior always says things to inspire and help us like "Be of good cheer." or "Be not afraid." Then he said that Satan says the opposite like "You can´t do it." or "You´re not good enough." or "You´ll never be able to..." So, I want you to know that you need not fear and that you CAN. It´s all about will power, desire, work, and faith. You are good enough. You are a child of God. You can. I know that the Savior lives. I know that through Him, all is possible. Literally anything is possible. I know that through the Atonement of Jesus Christ we CAN live with God again. I love you. Do not fear, but BE of good cheer.


-Elder Samuel H. Chiba

Training in Teresina

Elder Martinez and Me

Baptism Pictures (Below)








No comments:

Post a Comment