Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Birthday Surpresa!

First off, thank you all for the birthday wishes! It truly was a birthday to remember. If it had been up to me, I would have liked for it to come and go unnoticed, but It´s also nice to be acknowledged. I´m really grateful too.

This week was especially nice, not just because of my birthday but because of some people I met this week too. So, Wednesday was my 22nd birthday, and the people here had prepared a surprise birthday gathering for me in the guise of a "Family Home Evening." Actually, Jonathas, whom I had baptized a couple months ago along with some other members, prepared the surprise for me. I felt overwhelmed by grattitude and love. I don´t think I´ve ever had a surprise party. I´d always planned my own parties. This year though I figured wasn´t about me. It was funny, everyone was trying to be sneaky, but I´d figured it out several days prior to the event... I didn´t say anything except for to my companion. It was really really cool. I forgot my camera chord at home today so I don´t have pictures to send. I had gotten there and there were a whole bunch of people waiting. The house was decorated with balloons and a "Happy Birthday" sign written in English. There was a really good cake, some snacks and sodas. I was speechess, and ironically they asked me to give a speech. It´s amazing how much I felt/feel loved for only knowing these people for a few months. I´m really blessed.

Also this week, we found several true seekers of the truth. There is a family and a few others. I felt really blessed to have been able to find them. I know that the gospel is truly what they are searching for and needing in their lives.
I am really grateful to be here. I know the gospel is true and I am so grateful for it. I am grateful for the Savior and His love for me enough to die for me. Thank you all for your love and prayers. I love you.
-Elder Samuel H. Chiba

No comments:

Post a Comment