Monday, November 21, 2011

Bitter Sweet

This weekend was bitter sweet to say the least. We baptized a very special girl on Saturday, her name is Jaiane. She was confirmed on Sunday. I baptized her and Elder Eberhardt confirmed her. Sunday night she gave us some "cacau"! Did you know that chocolate comes from a fruit? The juice is pretty good, but the actual fruit is a little weird but cool.

Anyway, that was the sweet part. On the other side of things Elder Eberhardt was transferred. We were both very sad. He is now one of my best friends. It´s interesting how missions work out. I hope you can all meet him someday.

My new companion will be Elder F. Silva. He´s also from the south of Brazil. He´s a pretty cool guy, I´ve met him a couple of times already. He started his mission this year. He´s either 18 or 19. I know he started when he was 18. The church lowered the age limit for Brazilian missionaries to 18 years old instead of 19. There are a couple younger elders in our mission. I´m feeling kind of old. 22!!!! Weird right?

So, I guess I want to share my testimony with you about the pre-existance, and that I know that we all lived with and knew eachother before we were born. We are all here to be tested in order to live with our Father in Heaven again. During this test sometimes you run into old friends that you never met in this life, but feel as if you know them. And when you find them again after a long time being apart, it´s a really great happiness. I look forward to seeing all of you in 6 weeks, as we´ve been apart these 2 years. It will be so wonderful to see you all again. I pray that we all work to make the right choices and endure to the end so that we can all meet again in a state of everlasting happiness. The gospel is true, and only through the Savior we can make it back to live with God again.

Have a great week!

Love you,
Elder Samuel H. Chiba

No comments:

Post a Comment