Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Milagres Acontecem de Vez em Quando

I got back to Açailândia on 4:30 am Thursday morning. Our week of missionary work was a few days shorter than normal, but a miracle happened. We´ve been teaching some families and some people recently, and about 90% accepted our invitation to church on Sunday. We had a total of 16 people visiting church on Sunday. I hope they all liked it. We´ll be following up with them this week.

As of the third of November, I will be home in less than two months. Yikes! Time sure is flying fast.

My companion looks more American than I do, and I look more Brazilian than he does. It´s pretty funny. My two previous companions were both American but, like me, don´t look like a "typical" American. You know, blond with blue eyes. Irony.

The whole mission will be going to Teresina this Saturday to have a special meeting with Elder Bednar. I´ve never actually met an apostle before. I´m excited and nervous at the same time. It will be nice though. I look forward to seeing an apostle of the Lord. I´m sure it will be amazing.

I´m grateful for this church. It´s amazing. I know that Christ lives and that only through Him, we can once more live with our Father in Heaven. I hope you have a great week. I´ll tell you about our mission conference next week.

Love,
Elder Samuel H. Chiba

No comments:

Post a Comment